Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen every day. While many are minor, many come with lasting injuries. They can also cause significant property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. The damages can total six or seven figures, which is not a small amount of money. There’s a lot at stake, so don’t lose out on your rights to compensation. The Tampa car accident lawyers at Anderson & Anderson can help you get the settlement you deserve.
How to Get Compensation
If you’re struggling with the effects of a car accident that was not your fault, you may wonder how to get compensation for your damages. We can guide you through the process and make sure you are taking the right steps to secure your compensation.
Make sure you follow these steps:
- Take photographs. It is important to document the damage to all cars involved in the crash. If you are able and it is safe to do so, take photographs of the cars where they came to rest after the crash. If possible, take a photograph of the other driver’s insurance card and driver’s license.
- File a police report. After an accident that caused severe injuries or damage, it’s best to call the police. A police officer will come and assess the scene. They will compile all their information into a report, which will be useful for the insurance company. The information in the report could also bolster your case, so make sure you get one.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel fine, it’s a good idea to get checked out by a doctor. That’s because some injuries may not appear until days or weeks later. Plus, some injuries, such as internal injuries, can be fatal if not treated promptly. If you decide to see the doctor later on, the insurance company will try to claim that you were not seriously injured. This can impact your compensation, so it’s best to get a checkup from your doctor right away just in case.
- Contact your insurance company. Your insurer will need to know the specifics of your accident so they can get you the right amount of compensation, so be sure to give them the information they need. However, you also want to avoid saying too much. Insurance companies are in the business of protecting their interests, not yours. When they have to pay a claim, they lose money. Therefore, you may not get the most compensation possible. Be prepared for a lowball settlement amount.
- Contact a lawyer. A lawyer can assess your case, determine how much compensation you deserve, and help you file a lawsuit against the liable party, if necessary.
Contact Our Experienced Tampa Car Accident Lawyers Today
Car accidents can cause a variety of injuries. If you have suffered a variety of damages in a car crash, make sure you get the right legal help on your side.
The Tampa car accident lawyers at Anderson & Anderson can assist you with your case. When you’re hurt in a car accident, we’re here to make things right. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Call 813-251-0072 or fill out the online form.