Tampa Neck Injury Lawyer
The neck is a complex system made up of muscles, joints, nerves, tendons, ligaments, and bones. When any one of these components are affected, they can cause significant pain.
Neck pain can be caused by muscle strain or tension. These problems are usually caused by overuse, such as from sitting at a computer for too long, or awkward positions such as sleeping wrong or overdoing it during exercise.
Sometimes neck injuries can be caused by third parties. Some examples include falls and car accidents. If another person’s negligence caused your injuries, contact the Tampa neck injury lawyers at Anderson & Anderson to learn more about your legal options.
When people think of neck injuries, whiplash is the one that most often comes to mind. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by rapid back and forth movement of the neck. It is commonly caused by rear-end car accidents, but can also be caused by sports accidents, falls, and other trauma.
Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck pain
- Limited mobility
- Pain in the shoulder, arms, or upper back
- Tingling or numbness in the arms
Most people with whiplash get better after a few weeks of pain medication and exercise. However, some people have chronic neck pain for a long time after the accident. A person is more likely to have complications if they are older, had neck pain before the incident, or have had whiplash before.
Other Types of Neck Injuries
Besides whiplash, a person can suffer other neck injuries, such as:
- Neck sprain or strain. A sprain occurs when a ligament in the neck is torn, while a neck can get strained when a tendon or muscle is torn. This often occurs as a sudden injury while playing sports or during a car crash.
- Stiff muscles and tendons. Stiffness in the neck can be caused by keeping the neck in one position for a long time or by moving it awkwardly.
- Pinched nerves. Pinched nerves occur when tendons, tissue, or bone push against nerves, causing pain.
- Herniated disc. A disc becomes herniated when it tears and the jellylike interior leaks or bulges out. A herniated disc can result from wear and tear or a sudden injury.
- Fractured cervical spine. This type of injury is rare but very serious. Also known as a broken neck, a fractured cervical spine requires immediate medical attention.
Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain can happen due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Lifting heavy objects
- Computer work and other repetitive motions
Contact Us Today
Neck injuries can cause significant pain and loss of mobility. Treating these injuries can be costly, so seek legal help right away to get the compensation you deserve.
Count on the Tampa neck injury lawyers at Anderson & Anderson to guide you through the process and help you get a favorable outcome. Fill out the online form or call 813-251-0072 to schedule a consultation.