Tampa Trip & Fall Lawyer
Many people fall after slipping or tripping on something. There are slips and falls and trips and falls, but they are not the same thing. The terms are not interchangeable, so if you have been involved, make sure you know what kind of accident it was. The distinction can have an effect on your claim. The Tampa trip & fall lawyers at Anderson & Anderson can help you with the legal aspects of your case.
- Apartment Premises Liability
- Back Injury
- Brain Injury
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injury
- Child Injury
- Construction Accident
- Crane Injury
- Dog Bite
- Electrocution Injury
- Elevator & Escalator Accident
- Forklift Injury
- Grocery Store Slip & Fall
- Ladder Fall
- Neck Injury
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Park & Playground Injury
- Parking Lot Premises Liability
- Pedestrian Accident
- Restaurant Slip & Fall
- Retail Store Slip & Fall
- Scaffold Collapse
- Shopping Mall Slip & Fall
- Sidewalk Slip & Fall
- Slip & Fall
- Spine Injury
- Staircase Trip & Fall
- Swimming Pool Injury & Drowning
- Trench & Excavation Injury
- Work Injury
What is a Trip and Fall?
A trip and fall occurs when a person trips over an object on the floor and cannot prevent the fall. This is caused by a lack of traction between the shoe and surface of the floor. Trip and fall scenarios may include the following:
- Tripping over the uneven surface between the street and the sidewalk
- Items left on the floor, such as boxes, wires, rugs, and clutter
- Trying to get around pets and small children
Trip and fall accidents usually happen when a person fails to see an object lying on the floor or miscalculates the steps needed to avoid it. This results in the victim falling forward and possibly causing serious injuries.
A slip and fall, on the other hand, occurs when the surface is slippery and often causes the person to fall backward instead of forward. They can land on their back, neck, shoulder, or head, causing debilitating injuries and even paralysis or brain damage.
Trip and Fall Injuries
When a person trips and falls, they may suffer the following injuries:
- Broken arms. When someone falls forward, their instinct is to put their arms out to break their fall. This is why victims, especially seniors, often suffer limb fractures.
- Broken fingers. The arms and hands take the brunt of a fall when someone trips, so it’s not uncommon to experience broken finger bones. This can make it difficult for many people to work, especially typists and manual laborers.
- Thumb sprains. After a trip and fall accident, the force of the impact pushes the thumb backward. This can damage the tendons and ligaments and cause painful sprains.
- Foot injuries. If a person’s foot gets caught in a trip and fall accident, it can lead to foot and ankle injuries when the person’s entire weight gets caught around the ankle joint.
- Head and neck injuries. While a person who is falling may use their arms to break the impact, the head continues to move towards the ground, causing head and neck injuries.
Contact Our Tampa Trip & Fall Lawyers Today
Trips and falls typically occur in areas where there is a lot of clutter or uneven surfaces. If you have been injured in a trip and fall due to someone else’s negligence, make sure you seek legal help.
Count on the Tampa trip & fall lawyers at Anderson & Anderson to help you file a lawsuit. Get compensation for medical expenses and other damages. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Call 813-251-0072 or fill out the online form.