Tampa Back Injury Lawyer
Back injuries are common and they are often painful. Back injuries can occur in the workplace due to overexertion or an awkward movement while lifting something. Some happen as a result of a slip and fall or car accident. Others happen over time and are caused by repetitive motions.
If you have suffered a back injury, you may be able to file a lawsuit if a third party was at fault. Contact the Tampa back injury lawyers at Anderson & Anderson to learn more about your legal options.
Common Back Injuries
The most common types of back injuries are:
- Sprains and strains. These injuries can happen suddenly or slowly over time. Strains happen when you twist or pull a muscle or tendon, while sprains force a joint out of its normal position.
- Herniated or bulging disc. This occurs when there is a problem with the discs between your vertebrae. A tear in the exterior of the disc can cause nerves to become irritated and cause muscle weakness or arm or leg pain.
- Fractured vertebra. This refers to a gap or crack in the vertebra due to trauma or an aging or weakening spine. It can cause chronic back pain and a hunched posture.
Causes of Back Injuries
Back injuries can occur in a variety of ways, including:
- Playing sports
- Working around the house
- Car accidents
- Lifting heavy objects
Back Injury Liability
If you injure your back while playing sports or while at home, you may not be able to file a lawsuit. However, if your back injury was caused by a car accident or slip and fall accident, for example, then you can sue the liable party for all your damages.
If someone can be found liable for your damages, you can receive compensation for the following:
- Medical bills. This includes hospitalizations, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medications, and medical devices, as well as future medical bills, such as required surgeries.
- Lost income. If your back injury has resulted in time off work as well as future missed work, then you can receive compensation.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering is a type of non-economic damage that you can receive compensation for after a back injury. However, getting a proper valuation is not easy.
- Emotional distress. You can also receive compensation for any stress you experienced as a result of the back injury.
After a back injury, it’s important to follow your doctor’s advice. If your injuries worsen due to failure to take medication or wear a back brace, for example, you could lose out on your right to compensation.
Contact Us Today
Back injuries can be caused by a variety of factors and can be debilitating. A back injury can affect mobility, impacting your daily life in many ways.
If your back injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, make sure you are well compensated for your damages. The Tampa personal injury lawyers at Anderson & Anderson will work aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation with our office today. Call 813-251-0072 or fill out the online form.