Reasons To File A Lawsuit After An Auto Accident
At the Tampa law firm of Anderson & Anderson, we offer Florida auto accident victims clear legal advice and guidance. Our mission is to help you recover full and fair compensation for your injuries.
If you are not at fault for the accident, it is likely you will want to file a claim against the insurance company, and if you can’t reach a settlement, you may be forced to file a lawsuit and take the matter to court. This is often true if:
- A family member or loved one has died because of the negligent driving of another driver.
- You have sustained injuries as a result of an accident caused by another driver at fault.
- You would like to be fairly compensated for medical bills and wage loss.
- You have experienced pain and suffering due to the accident.
What To Expect Should Your Case Go To Court
If an acceptable settlement cannot be reached regarding a car or truck accident claim, you can bring the case to trial.
Our lawyers will help you pursue the settlement you deserve. It is your right to seek financial compensation following an accident that was not your fault. As attorneys who have extensive experience in handling lawsuits and settlements, we can guide you through this process.
Here are a few points to understand if your case does go to court:
- Witnesses’ — Winning in court requires one or more witnesses who are particularly familiar with your case and the issues involved to be present in court. These include yourself, passengers who may have been in your car or truck, the opposing party and your doctors.
- Attorney’s fees — We handle injury cases on a contingency basis based on the guidelines set forth by the Florida Supreme Court and The Florida Bar, which means that we are paid a percentage of the financial recovery we make on behalf of our clients.
- Court costs — In any litigation, court costs are involved, which include filing fees, subpoenas, depositions and expert testimony.
- Length of time — Litigation is usually a slow process. It is important you are aware of all issues surrounding your car or truck accident case and keep close contact with your personal injury attorney throughout the process.
Get The Guidance You Need
Our auto accident lawyers here at the law firm of Timothy G. Anderson will guide you through the litigation process should your case go to trial, and we will provide you with a clear understanding of all possibilities and outcomes surrounding your case.
For more information, or if you have been involved in a car or truck accident, our firm can help. Contact the law firm of Timothy G. Anderson or call 813-251-0072 for a free case evaluation today.