Helping Tampa area truck accident victims
When an 18-wheeler crashes into a smaller vehicle, the amount of damage can be astonishing. What once was a car may look like nothing more than a wadded ball of metal. Oftentimes, such truck accidents can be so devastating that victims cannot be extracted without being cut out from the wreckage.
As you can imagine, the size and weight of tractor-trailers, particularly those traveling at highway speeds, amplify not only the damage they do to property but also the damage they do to people. Injuries that are incurred in accidents involving big rigs and other commercial vehicles tend to be more extensive and more often fatal than those resulting from a typical traffic accident.
Due, in part, to the size of the vehicles they drive and the amount of time they are required to spend behind the wheel, the drivers of commercial vehicles are held to higher standards than the drivers of passenger vehicles. If a commercial driver is fatigued because he logged too many hours or has any alcohol in his bloodstream, he may have violated federal transportation regulations. When such a violation results in an accident, a thorough investigation must be completed.
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident that involved a truck or another commercial vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries suffered, as well as for property that may have been damaged or destroyed and wages you may have lost from being unable to work. Truck accident cases are not always the same as more ordinary traffic accident. They require more intense scrutiny and sometimes implicate federal laws. This is why you need attorneys with extensive experience in helping truck accident victims recover – like Anderson and Anderson. Visit the page dedicated to truck accidents on our website to see how we can help you.
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida
- Can a Parent Sue for a Child’s Injuries in Florida?
- What to Do when Hurt on Someone Else’s Property
- Can I Recover Compensation after a Hit-and-Run Accident?
- Florida Car Accident Lawsuit Timeline