Young girl struck by car, critically injured
A young girl from St. Petersburg was critically injured and taken to the hospital after getting hit by a car. Authorities say that the person who hit the girl remained at the scene and cooperated with police, who say they are continuing to investigate the accident.
The girl who got hit was only six years old. According to police, she was with another girl, who was 13. The police were not able to determine whether the teen also got hit by the car.
While one hopes that the child, who is having to fight for her life, will be able to recover from her injuries, there is no doubt that she and her family will incur considerable expenses as a result of this accident. Assuming that she survives, the girl will also likely need a lot of time and assistance to recover.
No matter the ultimate outcome, the family of this child have no doubt already suffered a lot of heartache on account of this accident and will probably continue to do so.
Drivers in the greater Tampa area have an obligation to be on the lookout for all pedestrians, even when the pedestrians are not following the traffic laws to the letter. This obligation is especially true when it comes to small children, as children will almost without thinking often not play safely around busy streets. They could dart out after a toy or may just not appreciate the fact that cars are going by.
Motorists have to anticipate that children around streets may behave like children and thus do unpredictable things an adult might not even think to try. If they fail in this duty, then a child can be seriously hurt. The motorist who was in the best position to prevent this type of car accident may be held financially accountable for their role.
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida