Working on behalf of brain injury victims in Florida
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be life-altering – or life-ending. If you or a loved one has suffered a TBI, you know this. You also know that treatment for a TBI can be a long, and in some cases lifelong, process. Prolonged treatment means mounting medical expenses that become increasingly difficult to cover. However, if you or a loved one suffered a TBI as the result of an accident in Florida, compensation may be available to you.
As the term implies, a TBI results from some form of trauma, like a blow to the head in a car accident, that prevents the brain from functioning as it should. Some TBIs may be unnoticeable. Others can result in death. In fact, almost a third of all deaths caused by injury involve some form of TBI.
In addition to initial treatment for the trauma itself, people who have suffered severe TBIs often have to undergo therapy to help them regain brain functions that were impaired by the accident. Common effects of TBI include memory loss, difficulty with concentration or thinking, impaired movements, extreme emotional changes, and even sensory changes, like impaired vision or hearing.
If you or a loved one suffered a TBI in a car accident, as the result of a fall, or other incidents due to the careless or deliberate acts of another, you may be entitled to compensation. This can help cover the burdensome medical expenses and costs involved in recovering from or living with a TBI. To learn more about what our firm can do to help those have who suffered a TBI, visit the dedicated serious injury page on our website.
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida