Why aggressive driving is a danger to all on the road
Many Tampa area drivers have likely encountered another driver, or many even be guilty themselves of, engaging in driving behaviors that may be considered aggressive in nature. Drivers who speed, change lanes frequently, follow other vehicles too closely or make gestures towards other drivers pose a danger to public safety.
According to a report from the American Automobile Association Foundation for Traffic Safety 90 percent of drivers who were surveyed believed that drivers who engage in some of the driving behaviors mentioned above pose a “threat to their personal safety.” That same report detailed those driving behaviors that drivers consider to be most offensive and irritating including tailgating, cutting in front of another vehicle, driving in the left lane of traffic and making some sort of negative gesture towards or in response to other drivers.
Drivers who engage in one or more of these offensive driving behaviors are at risk of being targeted by other drivers who may in turn counter with driving actions that are equally or more aggressive in nature. In some cases, these types of encounters can escalate to a level where both drivers blatantly disregard their own safety and the safety of others with whom they share the road. When incidents of so-called road rage occur, no one wins and some such encounters result in tragic outcomes.
For drivers who encounter a driver who is operating a motor vehicle in an aggressive manner, it’s best to get out of the driver’s way and avoid any type of confrontation. In cases where an aggressive driver attempts to engage or bait another driver, that driver would be wise to pull his or her vehicle over at a public place or, in cases where one fears for their safety, call the authorities.
Source: AAA.org, “Road Rage: How to Avoid Aggressive Driving,” 2015
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida