Who is responsible for a slip and fall?
Although freezing conditions are not exactly the norm down there in sunny Tampa, Florida, it does drop at times, which can create dangerous conditions for those on the roads and sidewalks. With icy conditions less common here in the greater Tampa area, it may come as an unforeseen danger to some, both as a pedestrian on the streets or customer at a store. And with dangerous conditions comes an increase in likelihood of slip and fall accidents.
Slip and fall accidents are among the most common form of premises liability claims in the United States. While more northern states are more likely to encounter icy sidewalks or storefronts, there are many other hazards that may present themselves and increase the chances of an accident. Slip and fall accidents can also be caused by cracked or broken sidewalks, torn carpeting, wet surfaces such as a spill in a grocery store isle, or even poor lighting.
Proving fault for a slip and fall accident is often difficult. There are a few factors that must be taken under consideration, including whether the property owner caused the dangerous condition, whether the property owner was aware of the dangerous condition but did nothing to repair or clean it or inform a customer that the condition exists in a form where the property owner should have or recognized that the condition exists.
If you have been the victim of a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. It may be in your best interest to speak with a law firm familiar with premises liability to review your situation and determine the best way to proceed.
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida