Close Menu
Tampa Accident Attorneys > Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer > Can I Bring a Personal Injury Claim on Behalf of a Child in Florida?

Can I Bring a Personal Injury Claim on Behalf of a Child in Florida?

When your child has been seriously injured in an accident through the fault of another, you may be ready to do anything possible to hold that person accountable for their actions. Fortunately, Florida law recognizes the right for a child to be awarded compensation for their losses.

Below, we go into further detail about some of the most common accidents children are injured in and how to go about obtaining an injury settlement that meets their needs.

Common Accidents Children Are Involved In

There are countless ways that children can suffer injuries, but there are some instances that occur more often than others and may result in the filing of a personal injury lawsuit. These include:

These are just a few of the ways children can suffer injuries at the hands of another. If your child has been injured in any of the previously mentioned circumstances or another situation entirely, reach out to a compassionate attorney to discuss your legal options.

A Minor’s Right to Compensation for an Injury

Just because a child cannot file a lawsuit doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled to compensation for their suffering. Children’s injuries can be just as serious as adults’ and should therefore be considered accordingly.

Damages that may be recoverable in your child’s Florida personal injury claim might include pain and suffering, medical expenses, diminished earning capacity, property damage, mental anguish, and other financial and nonfinancial losses.

Meet with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Tampa

To learn more about how to move forward with a civil lawsuit on behalf of your child, reach out to a qualified Tampa personal injury lawyer at Anderson & Anderson. When you are ready to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation, simply submit the online contact form we have included at the bottom of this page or give our office a call at 813-251-0072.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn