Motorcycle Accidents – First Steps
To ensure your rights to compensation for injuries sustained as a result of a motorcycle accident, our Tampa accident lawyers present you with helpful steps to take if you are a victim. At Anderson & Anderson, our law firm’s goal is to give you the tools you need to gather the necessary information and evidence you will need in order to pursue an accident claim, lawsuit or other legal action.
At The Scene
- After you are involved in a motorcycle accident, the first priority is your health and safety. If you’ve sustained serious injuries or damages call 911 for immediate assistance from a medical professional or ambulance.
- Your 911 call should also bring the police to the scene for assistance. It is extremely important the police are at the accident as soon as possible to witness the scene, talk to the other driver(s) involved and gather any helpful information.
- Make sure the other party involved stays at the scene and is available to exchange necessary information.
- Immediately talk to all eyewitnesses and anyone who was in the area when the accident occurred. Gather their information, including their names, phone numbers and addresses. This will be crucial for your case.
- If you are able, take pictures of the damage to your motorcycle, your injuries, the surrounding scene and the damage done to the other vehicle. If you are unable, have someone take pictures after the fact of all injuries and damages.
After The Accident
- It is crucial you contact a motorcycle accident lawyer right away. This will help you deal with all the legal issues involved in your situation.
- Make copies of all medical records, written eyewitness accounts, insurance information and other additional documentation that could potentially be helpful to your case. This step is imperative to your case. We can help.
Following a motorcycle accident, it is important to remember to gather all relevant information about your injuries and damage to your motorcycle. If you can, be sure to save the clothing you were wearing, your motorcycle and your helmet to be used as evidence. By doing these things you will greatly help your motorcycle accident lawyer when you are filing a claim or lawsuit.
If you have additional questions regarding your motorcycle accident injury, contact the injury law firm of Timothy G. Anderson or call 813-251-0072 for a free case evaluation.
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Broken Bones
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Sexual Abuse
- Wrongful Death
- Work Injuries