Standing up for your rights after a catastrophic truck accident
Semi-trucks are an essential part of commerce in Tampa and across the United States. They carry all sorts of goods for sale both to and from Florida. Companies depend on semi-truck drivers to reach their destinations as quickly as possible. After all, “time is money.” However, it is important that truck drivers comply with federal trucking regulations and drive in a responsible manner. The failure to do so could lead to truck accidents.
Due to their sheer size, accidents involving semi-trucks have the potential to be especially catastrophic. It takes longer for these vehicles to slow down than automobiles, making a speeding truck a very concrete danger should the driver find they need to stop suddenly. Moreover, a fully loaded semi-truck can weigh tens of thousands of pounds. A standard automobile, weighing only a few thousand pounds, is simply no match when hit by a semi-truck. Some semi-trucks carry hazardous materials, which could also be a danger should a collision occur. In addition, in an effort to make more money, truck drivers may drive many hours in a row, even if they are fatigued. Nodding off for even a moment could lead to a catastrophic accident.
In the end, it is important to hold truck drivers and companies accountable for their negligence should an accident occur. However, going up against not only a truck driver but also a truck company can be intimidating. Fortunately, there are attorneys in Florida experienced in representing truck accident victims.
At the law firm of Anderson & Anderson, we aim to help our clients pursue the financial recovery they need to move on from a catastrophic truck accident. Our experience in litigation is an asset to our clients, and we have represented Florida clients for over three decades. Our firm’s webpage may be a good resource for individuals injured in a Florida truck accident who want to learn more about their rights.
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida