Should I settle my car accident claims?
The decision to settle any legal case should be made after consulting with an attorney who practices in the area of law relevant to the party’s claims. As such, Tampa residents who are unsure of whether it is to their advantage to settle their vehicle accident cases are strongly encouraged to discuss the facts of their cases with personal injury attorneys. This post does not provide any legal advice and should not be relied on for those seeking counsel on how to handle their pending claims.
When a person decides to settle their car accident case they are ultimately deciding not to take their case to trial. In exchange for releasing the party or parties responsible for their injuries from any further legal liability a victim may receive compensation from those that they had initially planned to sue. For some a settlement may be advantageous to litigation because it may save them time and energy from avoiding the stresses of a full trial.
However, in some cases car accident victims may not receive the compensation they deserve from the parties whose negligence caused their injuries and losses when they choose to settle. Responsible parties may push their victims into settlements to avoid being held responsible for greater losses and financial claims and they may pressure victims into keeping quiet about the incidents that gave rise to the victim’ injuries.
There is no single answer to the question posed in the title of this post. Decisions to settle must be made on case-by-case bases. Victims of car accidents should talk out their cases with their personal injury attorneys before deciding to settle their claims and release negligent parties from further liability.
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida
- Can a Parent Sue for a Child’s Injuries in Florida?
- What to Do when Hurt on Someone Else’s Property
- Can I Recover Compensation after a Hit-and-Run Accident?
- Florida Car Accident Lawsuit Timeline