Outdoor hazards can lead to premises liability
It is an unfortunate fact that some Tampa residents will be hurt in premises liability accidents when they visit their local gas stations, grocery stores, and other businesses. Sometimes these incidents occur on wet interior floors where a victim unsuspectingly stepped and slipped, causing a fall and a preventable injury. However, property dangers can pose threats to individuals even before they reach their intended destinations’ doors, and this post will examine just a few of the premises liability problems that may exist just outside of retail structures while still on their properties.
For example, dangers can be present in the parking lots where individuals leave their vehicles before going into shops, stores, and restaurants. Uneven surfaces that are not properly marked or graded may pose tripping hazards to unsuspecting victims. Potholes, cracks and other road flaws, that the property owner should be aware of and remedy, can cause falls and serious injury.
These types of property dangers may be obscured by another common outdoor hazard in retail areas: inadequate lighting. Poorly lit walkways, parking structures and lots may make safe walking a challenge, and can lead to injuries when customers can’t see where they are going.
Individuals may become victims of premises liability incidents even before they set foot in the stores, restaurants and other locations that they wish to visit. The injuries that a person can suffer from slip and fall and other accidents can result in pain, suffering, and the need for medical treatment. However, those individuals who do become victims of property dangers often have rights to seek compensation from the parties that failed to protect them from preventable property-related harm.
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida