Negligent maintenance trucking accident representation
Commercial truckers must abide by strict federal and state laws regarding routine maintenance of their trucks. These include regular inspections and repairs. If an accident involving a truck is found to be the fault of the trucker by negligent maintenance, then both he and/or the company by which he is employed may be held liable.
Truckers are required by law to conduct post-trip inspections after every trip. They must log, in their required inspection log, any noticeable concerns, detailing any issues which may lead to unsafe operations. Further, they must also conduct yearly vehicle maintenance inspections. Those inspection records must be kept at the garage where the inspection was performed for at least one year.
Some common causes of trucking accidents due to negligent maintenance are tire blowouts, brake failures, and steering problems. It is not at all uncommon to see a freeway littered with tire treads that have broken free from truck tires. These could easily have been prevented with proper inspection and maintenance. However, many truckers fail to take the time to perform these duties which ends up causing often fatal accidents.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a trucking accident, contact an experienced attorney who can help guide you through the claims process, determine, and prove fault. Certain evidentiary items will need to be secured and protected as soon as possible after an accident. It could mean the difference in a small settlement versus a significant reward of compensation to you or your family.
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida