Motorcycle accidents are all too frequent
It seems, unfortunately, that motorcyclists are in constant peril on Florida’s roads, streets and highways. It is not that motorcycles are themselves inherently dangerous. Rather, many of the motorcycle accidents in the state are caused by the negligence or inattentiveness of other motorists.
Given their relatively small size compared to other vehicles, along with the way in which motorcyclists are exposed while on their bikes, accidents involving motorcycles are disproportionately fatal. In fact, a motorcycle rider is 29 times more likely to be killed in an accident than a driver or passenger in a car. A series of recent accidents in Florida and the Tampa area underscore this tragic statistic.
In one instance, a garbage truck contracted by Polk County crashed into a motorcycle in Lakeland. The motorcyclist was stopped at an intersection in the pre-dawn hours and the driver of the garbage truck failed to see the bike. Just days earlier, another motorcyclist was killed when a truck collided with a motorcycle in St. Petersburg. Earlier in February, a motorcyclist from Tampa died in Brandon after another vehicle failed to yield and turned into his path of travel.
These tragic accidents illustrate the hazards that other motorists pose for motorcyclists. Anyone who has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another vehicle should seek the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney. A seasoned lawyer can help injured motorcyclists or their loved ones attempt to obtain compensation for the damages and financial losses that arise from such accidents.
Source: Lakeland Patch, “Motorcyclist dies after being struck by Polk County garbage truck,” D’Ann Lawrence White, Feb. 27, 2018
- Can I Sue for a Minor Injury in Florida?
- Questions to Ask a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
- What to Do When an Auto Insurer Makes You a Low Offer
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida