3 reasons to seek legal help with your product liability claim
When we buy something, we expect that it will be safe or come with proper warnings about how to use it safely. Product manufacturers, installers, wholesalers and retail stores all take on some of the responsibility of providing consumers with safe products that are free from defects. Too often, unfortunately, unsafe products get through all these parties and into the hands of people who have no idea they could be dangerous.
If this happens and you have been hurt as a result of a defective or unsafe product, you should know that you may have grounds to pursue a product liability claim against one or more of the above-mentioned parties. However, this may not be something you want to do alone for a few different reasons.
To begin with, establishing that a defect even led to your injuries can be more problematic than you anticipate. You will have to provide evidence that the product you were using contained a design, manufacturing or marketing defect that led to your injuries.
Secondly, you can be surprised to learn how intimidating companies can be when they are faced with a lawsuit. They can go to great lengths to avoid taking financial or legal responsibility for a defective product. Companies may try to blame the victim for using the product improperly, delay proceedings in the hopes that you will just give up or use their considerable resources to intimidate you into accepting a settlement that may be less than you deserve.
Finally, your case may benefit from the testimony of experts. Knowing what type of testimony will be helpful and where to find these resources can be extremely challenging for people who are not familiar with this process.
Product liability claims have the potential to be successful, but they are typically very complex. Rather than trying to navigate the legal system alone, you can work with an attorney familiar with product liability laws in Florida to pursue the benefits you may deserve.
To learn more about our law firm’s capabilities in the area of product liability, please visit our website.
- Three Reasons to Call a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa
- Can I Sue for a Dockless Scooter Accident in Tampa?
- Biltmore Smoked Sockeye Salmon recalled over listeria concerns
- Can I Sue the Drunk Driver Who Caused My Crash in Florida?
- Altaire Pharma recalls ophthalmic products over sterility issues
- One dead, another hurt in fatal dump truck crash in Florida
- Can a Parent Sue for a Child’s Injuries in Florida?
- What to Do when Hurt on Someone Else’s Property
- Can I Recover Compensation after a Hit-and-Run Accident?
- Florida Car Accident Lawsuit Timeline